The ideal applicant has the competencies to design a surprisingly novel and scientifically rigorous research project which blazes new trails, profiting from the freedom uniquely offered by the fellowship.
You are eligible for the 2017 campaign if:
- You officially hold a PhD on January 15, 2017
- Your project departs from the mainstream of research in your discipline
- You have a record of outstanding scientific achievement
- You demonstrate in the proposal a willingness to engage in a dialogue on relevant social, cultural, political or economic issues across the frontiers of your particular discipline
Please do not be disheartened if you have applied before and were not selected, you are welcome to apply again.
Your application will not be forwarded for evaluation if:
- You have not officially completed a PhD by January 15, 2017
- Your PhD was awarded more than five years ago, as of January 15, 2017
- You already hold or have held a faculty or faculty-equivalent position (e.g. assistant professor, lecturer)
- You were born before January 1, 1983