Heidi Wunderli-Allenspach is a member of the directorate of Society in Science
Professor Wunderli-Allenspach's research has focused on physicochemical and cell biological aspects of drug absorption, distribution and elimination in the body. Relevant in vitro models for the blood-brain-barrier as well as for epithelial barriers were established in order to study the transport of drugs, and the interaction of drugs and excipients with membranes and cells, under standardized conditions.
- Master in Biology at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland 1970
- Research assistant at the Institute for Brain Research 1970-1971
- Postgraduate Course and Diploma in Experimental Medicine and Biology at the University of Zurich, Switzerland 1971
- PhD in the Department of Microbiology at the Biozentrum in Basel, Switzerland 1975
- Research associate at the Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham N.C., USA 1976-1978
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research in Lausanne, Switzerland 1978-1981
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Immunology and Virology of the University of Zurich, Switzerland 1982-1985
- Assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacy, ETH Zurich 1986-1992
- Associate professor in Biopharmacy, ETH Zurich 1992-1995
- Full Professor in Biopharmacy 1995-present
- Head of the Pharmacy Department 2000-2003 and the Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences 2004-2006
- Rector at ETH Zurich and Deputy of the President, responsible for all aspects of education from BSc/MSc to PhD level, as well as continuing education programs 2007-2012
- Inhibition of multidrug resistance transporter-1 facilitates neuroprotective therapies after focal cerebral ischemia. Nature Neurosci. 9: 487-488. 2006 Spudich, A. et al. inclu. Wunderli-
- Permeation of Aromatic Carboxylic Acids across Lipid Bilayers: The pH-Partition Hypothesis Revisited. Biophys J., 89: 1802-1811. 2005 Thomae, A. V. et al. inclu. Wunderli-Allenspach, H.
- Biopharmazie. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim 2004 Langguth, P. et al. inclu. Wunderli-Allenspach, H.
- No entry for TAT (44-57) into liposomes and intact MDCK cells: novel approach to study membrane permeation of cell-penetrating peptides. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1609, 161-169. 2003 Krämer, S.D., Wunderli-Allenspach, H.
- Partition coefficients in vitro: artificial membranes as a standardised distribution model. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 1, 273 – 282. 1994 Pauletti, G.M., Wunderli-Allenspach, H.
- Inactivation of PR8 Influenza Virus through the octadecyl-rhodamine B chloride membrane marker. Biochemistry 32, 900-907. 1993 Wunderli-Allenspach, H. et al.
- Kinetics of fusion and lipid transfer between virus receptor containing liposomes and influenza viruses as measured with the octadecyl-rhodamine B chloride assay. Biochemistry 29. 1990 Wunderli-Allenspach, H. et al.
- Temperature-dependent kinetics of the activities of influenza virus. Journal of Structural Biology 104, 63-69. 1990 Wunderli-Allenspach, H. et al.
- Member of the Swiss Maturitätskommission and Deputy for the Curriculum of Pharmaceutical Sciences during the introduction of the Bachelor/Masters system 1998-2007
- Member of the foundation for student housing, childcare, and various institutions involved in the promotion of natural sciences in education (e.g. Technorama, NaTech) 2007-present
- Member of the board of the Zurich University Institute for Education and Didactics 2007-present
- Member of the supervisory board at the Ecole Polytechnique at Paleiseau 2007-present
- Chair of the supervisory board at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany 2007-present